Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Out and About @ West End Antique Mall

The West End Antique Mall on Staples Mill Road in Richmond is one of my favorite places to spend an hour or two just browsing and enjoying the great and interesting finds. With 250 dealers and 53,000 square feet of space there is always something new and unique...and the prices are great too!!! I stopped by today and wanted to share some of the new treasures I spotted.




I really liked the color that was used on this needlepoint covered stool. You could tell it had some age to it but the needlepoint had a beautiful vibrant color. I love the purple and blue together.




Art is such a personal thing and for some reason this painting really spoke to me (not literally spoke you understand but...) Its not done in a style I particularly enjoy and I normally like more color in art, but I actually went back to it 3 times just to check it out again. I figured out it was the way the artist painted the faces that I liked so much. Its so easy for an artist to not get the face quite right but I thought this couple was done just beautifully.




This vignette was just rich and beautiful. I loved the different textures and color. The bust is of one of the Popes (not sure which one).




Some beautiful inlay on a cabinet.




This is one big sconce! It had great presence in person, Im sure it would be beautiful in the right setting.




Loved these old cigar boxes...would make great storage for small items or just a great grouping on some library shelves.




This guy was fabulous! He stands about 4.5' to 5' tall and has some really nice age to him. Im guessing he was guarding the top of a building somewhere. I would love to have him in my garden.




They had a pair of these beautiful marble urns.




Some really great Tramp Art. If you are not familiar with Tramp Art just Google it and read about its origins. You'll have a great new appreciation for this kind of art and it can be the new thing you learned today!




Why didnt I think of that? There was a whole shelf full of great finds in this booth and my eye was immediately drawn by these old Royal Air Force patches in the simple gold frames. What a simple way to create something so unique!




I dont know if this was from a set of dining chairs or just a side chair but I haven't seen one with this design and carving before. Very pretty.




Loved, loved, loved these old table legs. They had great carving and were nice and big and beefy. Would like to make some shelves out of them.




Nice little box-on-stand. It had really nice proportions and the size was perfect.




Great leather trunk. It was really substantial in size, I dont think it was antique but it was very handsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment